- Our Policy
- Our Milestones
- Reduce our energy usage by 1.25%
- Reduce our water use by 6%
- Increase Team Member awareness of sustainability
- Increase client awareness of sustainable meetings
- Increase health and safety throughout property operations
- Increase our use of sustainable food on property
- Increase supply chain sustainability
- Increase social impact of environmental issues
- Increase sustainability into development and design of major renovation projects
- Improve our environmental management system
- Decrease waste sent to landfill/incineration by 10%
Marina Bay Sands is committed to integrating sustainability into our business. We are a global leader of integrated resorts, and we strive to provide our guests unforgettable memories that are also ethical and constructive to the environment and community that we operate in.
Our pursuit of sustainability is guided by the values of Marina Bay Sands:
Creativity - We do things in a new and better way.
Passion - We love what we do, we go above and beyond.
Respect - We treat others as we would like to be treated.
Integrity - We do the right thing and operate at the highest standards.
Teamwork - We work together as one team.
Marina Bay Sands drives sustainability through our Sands Eco360 Global Sustainability Program, a global strategy with the objective to continuously improve the stewardship of our business, the environment and the community. Our principles are:
- Resource Management and Conservation: We are dedicated to the preservation of the environment and conservation of natural resources.
- Business Integration: We will integrate environmentally sustainable and socially responsible practices into our daily business activities with our supply chain.
- Community Engagement: We are committed to actively participating in community and government sustainability initiatives, including supporting local employment, encouraging fair trade principles, and procuring local products and services.
- Team Members: We are dedicated to providing a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace that promotes diverse recruiting and employment of individuals of all ages, cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs.
- Reporting and Inclusivity: We will continuously strive to improve the measurement, transparent reporting and annual benchmarking of our sustainability performance, and engage stakeholders for their views and ideas.
- Compliance: We promote responsible business conduct that upholds regulatory requirements and values cultural differences, and demonstrates best practice where formal legislation is not in place.
This policy is supported by our management team who has the responsibility to ensure its implementation throughout our departments, business operations and services.
Grand Award Winner 2016
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
Sustainable Businesses Awards
Singapore Sustainability Awards 2015
The Venue Winner of the Sustainable Development Award 2015
By UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry
Green Supplier Award 2015
IMEX-GMIC Green Awards 2015
SEC-Kimberly-Clark Singapore Environmental Achievement Award (Services) 2015
Presented by Singapore Environmental Council