Terms & Conditions
1. Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd’s (‘Marina Bay Sands’) Sands Rewards LifeStyle Membership Programme (the ‘Programme’) is governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein (‘Terms and Conditions’).
2. The submission of an application for membership to the Programme is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Membership and Members’ entitlement to membership benefits and privileges of the Programme, including but not limited to the redemption of any benefits and privileges, is governed by these Terms and Conditions.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
3. Individuals who are (i) not employed by Marina Bays Sands; (ii) aged 21 and above are eligible to apply for membership in the Programme.
4. Valid government-issued photo identification document (e.g. Singapore NRIC, Singapore driving license or passport) must be presented at the time of submission of the application for membership. For verification purposes, applicants must produce such photo identification(s) or other identification documents as Marina Bay Sands may, in its absolute discretion, require.
5. Approval of application for membership and grant of the said membership shall be at the sole and absolute discretion of Marina Bay Sands.
6. Upon the approval of an application by Marina Bay Sands, Members will each be issued with a membership number and a membership card with the Member’s photo (hereinafter, the ‘Photo Membership Card’). Members must be photographed by Marina Bay Sands for identity verification purposes and processing of the Photo Membership Card. Membership is only valid upon issuance of a Photo Membership Card. Marina Bay Sands may at its sole discretion withhold benefits and privileges from Members who have not been issued with a Photo Membership Card. Photo Membership Cards are non-transferable and may only be used by the Members to whom such cards were issued.
7. Upon grant of membership, each Member will also be assigned to a specific membership tier in the Programme (‘Membership Card Tier’) by Marina Bay Sands. Membership in the Programme is non-transferable and non-assignable. Marina Bay Sands may at any time without prior notice, review the Membership Card Tiers of the Programme, and the criteria for eligibility to the Membership Card Tiers, or reassign a Member to any other Membership Card Tier as Marina Bay Sands may, in its sole discretion, decide.
8. Members are entitled to accrue Destination Dollars on purchases made at eligible outlets located in non-gaming areas within the Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort. Destination Dollars accrue based on the total amount of purchases where payment (excluding GST and service charge) is made by cash, NETS, credit card or debit card. Those portions of purchases made via other modes of payments such as redemptions of gift vouchers, Destination Dollars, etc. shall not be eligible for accrual of Destination Dollars.
9. The rates of accrual and redemption of Destination Dollars shall be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Marina Bay Sands. Restrictions may apply.
10. Accrual of Destination Dollars is only available for selected shows at MasterCard® Theatres and is unavailable at ArtScience Museum™, Sampan Rides, SkyPark Observation Deck and Sands Expo® and Convention Centre. Please refer to marinabaysands.com/sands-rewards-lifestyle/participating-outlets.html for the full list of eligible outlets.
11. The accrual of Destination Dollars shall be subject to the following:
(i) Members must accrue their Destination Dollars in person. Members will be required to present their Photo Membership Cards together with valid government-issued photo identification document prior to undertaking the transaction or purchase. Destination Dollars will not be retroactively credited after completion of any transaction where members have failed to present their Photo Membership Cards prior to conducting the said transaction.
(ii) Destination Dollars accrued in respect of a transaction will be credited to a member’s account within 48 hours. In the event of technical issues, Members’ accounts will be updated when the system is available;
(iii) Destination Dollars accrued on a particular date will expire on first-in-first-out basis after 12 months from the date of accrual if not used or redeemed.
(iv) Members may retain a maximum of $100,000 Reward Dollars in their membership account at any given point in time. Thereafter, accrual of Reward Dollars will cease and resume only when the member’s account balance falls below $100,000 Reward Dollars.
(v) Destination Dollars are non-transferable. Destination Dollars accrued using a Member’s Photo Membership Card by person(s) other than the Member named on that Photo Membership Card shall be forfeited.
12. Marina Bay Sands shall not be liable for inaccurate accrual of Destination Dollars as a result of technical malfunction, operator fault, member misconduct or any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Marina Bay Sands.
MEMBERSHIP CARD TIERS AND REDEMPTION OF DESTINATION DOLLARS
13. Each transaction for the accruing and/or redemption of benefits and privileges may only be attributed to one membership account. The combining of 2 membership accounts for accruing and/or redemption of benefits and privileges is prohibited.
14. Members’ eligibility for upgrade to the next Membership Card Tier shall be determined by the total amount of spend made by Members (excluding any GST and service charge) at eligible outlets located in non-gaming areas in Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort ("Spend Amount”) during each 12-month period commencing from the date of commencement of their membership (each referred to as “Membership Year”). Members must present their membership cards when making the purchases. MBS shall be entitled at its sole discretion, to determine and/or amend the level of Spend Amount required to qualify for each Membership Card Tier.
15. Members may also obtain upgrades of their Membership Card Tiers through a “Fast Track” programme. Under the Fast Track programme, Members who attain a minimum level of Spend Amount in a single day will be upgraded temporarily to the next Membership Card Tier ("Upgraded Membership Card Tier”) for a limited period of time (“Validity Period”).
Upon expiry of the Validity Period, the member:
(i) will be allowed to retain the Upgraded Membership Card Tier for the remaining duration of the Membership Year if he or she has attained an additional specified amount of Spend Amount within the Validity Period, or
(ii) be re-assigned to the Membership Card Tier which he or she would ordinarily be eligible for based on his or her Spend Amount in that Membership Year.
MBS shall be entitled at its sole discretion, to determine and/or amend the (i) Spend Amount required to qualify for a temporary upgrade, (ii) Spend Amount required to maintain an Upgraded Membership Card Tier, and (iii) the validity period of the temporary upgrade. Each member is only eligible to receive the temporary upgrade under the “Fast Track” Programme once per every Membership Card Tier per membership lifetime.
16. Members shall be eligible for such benefits and privileges allocated to each particular Membership Card Tier. Members must present their Photo Membership Cards together with valid government-issued photo identification
document to be eligible for Membership Card Tier benefits and privileges. Where required, each Member shall also provide his/her Personal Identification Number (PIN).
17. Members shall be entitled to redeem their Destination Dollars for goods and services at any eligible outlets and/or toward the payment for hotel rooms/suites, subject to the following:
(i) Members must redeem their Destination Dollars in person. Members will be required to present their Photo Membership Cards together with valid government-issued photo identification document prior to undertaking the redemption;
(ii) Destination Dollars have no cash value, are not exchangeable for cash, and cannot be used for payment of gratuity;
(iii) Marina Bay Sands reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to charge an administration fee (the mode of payment and quantum of which shall be determined by Marina Bay Sands) for redemptions of Destination Dollars and/or to amend the quantum of such administration fees at any time with prior notice to be given to Members.
(iv) Redemption of Destination Dollars is final. There will be no refund of Destination Dollars once a transaction is completed.
(v) Purchases involving any redemption with Destination Dollars (inclusive of split payments) are not eligible for tax refunds.
(vi) Members of the Sands Rewards LifeStyle Membership Programme may redeem their Destination Dollars for a maximum of 3 hotel rooms/suites per night under the same Member’s name.
18. Destination Dollars shall not be accrued; and Destination Dollars are not allowed for redemption for the following transactions:
(i) The payment of gratuities, the purchase of goods that are classified as tobacco products, top-up cards, gift cards, gift certificates and/or shopping vouchers.
(ii) The purchase of goods or services using top-up cards, gift cards, gift certificates and/or shopping vouchers.
(iii) The purchase of goods or services at Sands Expo® and Convention Centre.
(iv) The purchase of pure gold or platinum items.
19. The accrual and redemption of Destination Dollars, eligibility for Membership Card Tiers and Membership Card Tier benefits and privileges shall be at the sole and absolute discretion of Marina Bay Sands. Restrictions may apply.
20. Members shall be responsible for updating Marina Bay Sands immediately of any change in personal details. Members shall consent to the use of the personal details provided to Marina Bay Sands for such purposes as Marina Bay Sands deems reasonably necessary to the administration and management of memberships and the Programme.
21. Members shall be responsible for the safekeeping of their Photo Membership Cards and non-disclosure of their Personal Identification Number (PIN) to any other person(s).
22. Marina Bay Sands will replace lost or stolen Photo Membership Cards up to a maximum of 2 times without charge. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, an administrative fee of $10 will be levied for the issue of the third replacement card onwards. The Photo Membership Card is the property of Marina Bay Sands and must be returned unconditionally and immediately upon demand.
(i) If the Photo Membership Card is lost or stolen, member must report this loss immediately to temporarily deactivate the account in person or by phone at 6688 9999. A replacement card will be issued to the member upon presentation of valid government-issued photo identification document. Marina Bay Sands is not responsible and will not be held liable for any transactions made while the card is lost or stolen. The decision of Marina Bay Sands management is absolute and final in the event of any dispute.
(ii) Enquiries concerning a member’s account must be undertaken by the member personally.
23. Marina Bay Sands reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to terminate a membership (with all Destination Dollars forfeited) without prior notice, including where a member:
(i) Replaces his/her Photo Membership Card more than 6 times within a consecutive period of 6 months;
(ii) Is subject to an Exclusion Order issued by the National Council on Problem Gambling of Singapore or is excluded by Marina Bay Sands from any part of the Marina Bay Sands premises;
(iii) Accrues or redeems or otherwise uses the membership benefits and privileges in a manner as Marina Bay Sands in its sole and absolute discretion determines to be improper;
(iv) Breaches any of these Terms and Conditions.
24. Marina Bay Sands reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend, delete, modify or vary any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and/or the features, benefits and privileges of the Programme without prior notice.
25. Marina Bay Sands shall not be liable for, and Members shall indemnify and hold Marina Bay Sands harmless against any and all claims, loss and damage, cost and expense in respect of, arising from and/or in relation to:
(i) Members’ failure to update personal information; and/or
(ii) Members’ loss of Photo Membership Card and/or PIN; and/or
(iii) The administration and management of the Programme and memberships by Marina Bay Sands including the inaccurate accrual and/or issuance of Destination Dollars, entry to Membership Card Tiers and the redemption of membership benefits and privileges.
26. In the event of dispute, the decision(s) of Marina Bay Sands shall be final and conclusive.
27. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Law of the Republic of Singapore.