Marina Bay Sands Sustainability Policy
Marina Bay Sands is committed to integrating sustainability into our core business strategy. As the leading developer and operator of integrated resort destinations in the world, we are dedicated to providing unmatched customer service; improving our environmental impact; considering the needs of our guests, partners and employees; and contributing to the well-being of the local community.
Our pursuit of sustainability is empowered by the overarching values of the Marina Bay Sands:
Empowerment - Take ownership, learn and develop your abilities.
Service - Make every guest feel welcome every minute of every day.
Passion - Be committed and excited about your work.
Respect - Treat everyone as you want to be treated and value diversity.
Integrity - Be personally accountable. Embrace the highest standards.
Teamwork - Everyone contributes to our success. It takes a great team to make us great.
Our strategy is to become a leader in all aspects of sustainable resort and event management. Marina Bay Sands drives sustainability through our Sands Eco360 Sustainability program, a global strategy with the objective to continuously improve the stewardship of our business, the environment and community. Our key guiding principles are:
- Resource Management and Conservation: We are dedicated to the preservation of the environment and conservation of natural resources.
- Business Integration: We will integrate environmentally-sustainable and socially-responsible practises into our daily business activities with our supply chain.
- Community Engagement: We are committed to actively participating in community and government sustainability initiatives, including supporting local employment and procuring local products and services.
- Team Members: We are dedicated to providing a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace that promotes diverse recruiting, employing and developing of individuals of all ages, cultural and racial backgrounds, and religious beliefs.
- Reporting and Inclusivity: We will continuously strive to improve the measurement and transparent reporting of our sustainability performance, and create an inclusive dialogue with our stakeholders to consider their input.
- Compliance: We promote responsible business conduct that upholds regulatory requirements and values cultural differences, and demonstrates best practise where formal legislation is not in place.
This policy is supported by our management team that has the responsibility to ensure its full implementation throughout our departments, business operations and services.
President and Chief Executive Officer
21st November 2013