ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY @ MARINA BAY SANDS
Marina Bay Sands is committed to protecting the environment long-term.
This is driven by our global sustainability strategy Sands Eco360°.
Read more about our:
- Our Sustainability Features
- CEO Address
- Our Goals
Take a tour of our eco-friendly operational processes.
At the core of Marina Bay Sands' green initiatives is a S$25 million Intelligent Building Management System which automates lighting, heating and water supplies for the entire integrated resort to conserve precious resources.
Marina Bay Sands has been recognised as a 'Water Efficient Building' by the Public Utilities Board in Singapore for our water conservation efforts, including rainwater harvesting and low-flow water taps.
Marina Bay Sands took special consideration to use green materials during the property's construction phase. The company used recycled materials and products (like drywall partitions and fire-rated doors) under Singapore's Green Labelling Scheme.
Recycling bins are placed around Marina Bay Sands to encourage guests and staff to do their part for the environment by recycling paper, plastic and cans.
Sands Expo and Convention Centre gives meeting planners and clients the option to 'Green' their programming with sustainable practises, like the use of electronic sales tools to conserve paper.
Marina Bay Sands Sustainability Policy
Marina Bay Sands is committed to integrating sustainability into our core business strategy. As the leading developer and operator of integrated resort destinations in the world, we are dedicated to providing unmatched customer service; improving our environmental impact; considering the needs of our guests, partners and employees; and contributing to the well-being of the local community.
Our pursuit of sustainability is empowered by the overarching values of the Marina Bay Sands:
Empowerment - Take ownership, learn and develop your abilities.
Service - Make every guest feel welcome every minute of every day.
Passion - Be committed and excited about your work.
Respect - Treat everyone as you want to be treated and value diversity.
Integrity - Be personally accountable. Embrace the highest standards.
Teamwork - Everyone contributes to our success. It takes a great team to make us great.
Our strategy is to become a leader in all aspects of sustainable resort and event management. Marina Bay Sands drives sustainability through our Sands Eco360 Sustainability program, a global strategy with the objective to continuously improve the stewardship of our business, the environment and community. Our key guiding principles are:
- Resource Management and Conservation: We are dedicated to the preservation of the environment and conservation of natural resources.
- Business Integration: We will integrate environmentally-sustainable and socially-responsible practises into our daily business activities with our supply chain.
- Community Engagement: We are committed to actively participating in community and government sustainability initiatives, including supporting local employment and procuring local products and services.
- Team Members: We are dedicated to providing a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace that promotes diverse recruiting, employing and developing of individuals of all ages, cultural and racial backgrounds, and religious beliefs.
- Reporting and Inclusivity: We will continuously strive to improve the measurement and transparent reporting of our sustainability performance, and create an inclusive dialogue with our stakeholders to consider their input.
- Compliance: We promote responsible business conduct that upholds regulatory requirements and values cultural differences, and demonstrates best practise where formal legislation is not in place.
This policy is supported by our management team that has the responsibility to ensure its full implementation throughout our departments, business operations and services.
President and Chief Executive Officer
21st November 2013
About Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
Located in downtown Singapore within the heart of the Marina Bay waterfront district, Marina Bay Sands is the leading business, leisure and entertainment destination in Asia. It features 1.3 million square feet of flexible convention and exhibition space; 2,560 hotel rooms and suites, the rooftop Sands SkyPark, the best shopping mall in Asia, world-class celebrity chef restaurants, and an outdoor event plaza. Its two theaters showcase a range of leading entertainment performances including world-renowned Broadway shows. Completing the line-up of attractions is ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands which plays host to permanent and marquee exhibitions.
For media enquiries
Val Chua (+65) 6688 0228 / email@example.com or Erica Ng (+65) 6688 1013 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Marina Bay Sands has prioritized the following key sustainability goals based on our annual stakeholder engagement process from 2013. As part of our environmental management system, the Sustainability Department has developed KPIs and an implementation plan around each goal.
1. Improve property recycling rate by 10% from 2011 baseline by end of 2015
2. Reduce our energy consumption by 12% from 2012 baseline
3. Increase impact and awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility activities
4. Increase awareness and understanding of sustainability among Team Members
5. Provide a fair and rewarding environment for Team Members
6. Increase supply chain sustainability
7. Excel in health and safety across the property
8. Increase our use of sustainable food on property
9. Increase client awareness of sustainable meeting packages