Three lucky children (pictured here left to right):
Sarhan Bin Zuhir, 13; Kiefer Nonis, 13; Merissa Chua, 14; got a chance to get up close
with the lead characters Jonathan Andrew Hume who plays the role of Simba and
Puleng March who plays Nala.
Marina Bay Sands® is committed to meeting Singapore’s social needs, in addition to achieving the country’s economic and tourism goals as Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program supports a variety of charities and causes including those relating to youth and education.
One of our primary CSR programs is the Youth Inspiration Internship Program. Through this platform, Marina Bay Sands aims to provide less privileged youth including children with learning disabilities, youth who are from low income families or out of school with the opportunity to learn new life skills as they develop to become independent adults.
Currently, we work with Metta School (www.mettaschool.edu.sg) and Students Care Service (www.students.org.sg) to offer apprenticeships and on-the-job training for their youth to learn about the service sector and the various roles available in the future should they have an interest in the industry. In particular, Marina Bay Sands’ partnership with Metta School provides the framework for their students to subsequently achieve an Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Skills Certificate in housekeeping and pastry baking. Marina Bay Sands works with Singapore’s National Council of Social Service (NCSS) to identify charitable organizations that we can contribute meaningfully to, through the expertise of our Team Members in hotel operations, housekeeping, and food and beverage. Marina Bay Sands also supports efforts by the Singapore National Employers Federation and NCSS to create employment opportunities for persons with disabilities so they can work towards financial independence. Our efforts in hiring persons with disability were recognized at the inaugural Enabling Employers Awards 2011.
List of Beneficiaries to date
- Art Outreach
- Association for Persons with Special Needs -Tanglin School
- Association for Persons with Special Needs - Katong School
- Association of Muslim Professionals - Ready for School Fund of Students Care Service
- Center for Enabled Living
- Child at Street 11
- Christian Care Services
- Community Chest Heartstrings Walk 2011 at Marina Bay
- Grace Orchard School
- Make-a-Wish foundation
- Metta School
- Metta Welfare Association
- Republic Polytechnic’s School of Hospitality (SOH)
- Riding for the Disabled Association of Singapore (RDA)
- Singapore Children's Society
- Singapore Red Cross
- Society for the Physically Disabled
- Student Advisory Centre
- Students Care Service
- Teen Challenge
- The Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf)
- The Straits Times Pocket Money Fund- WE CARE Community Services